On Tuesday, veteran journalist Simon Kasyate was in the confession box, and he came clean about an event that happened 11 years ago – the infamous story of Ofwono Opondo stealing underwear at Garden City Mall.
Speaking at the media edition of Meet the Boss at Biryani House, Kasyate said when he broke the story in the Daily Monitor newspaper in 2005, he was called by someone he preferred not to mention. The person was offering him Shs50m to kill the Ofwono Opondo story.
“I was a broke journalist who had never seen Shs1m and I did not know when I would own such a huge sum of money,” Kasyate said. He was excited about the big sum of money but surprisingly he refused to take the bribe.
He was then apparently sued for Shs100m but won the case. Simon Kasyate was chosen as the boss of this Meet The Boss edition because of his role in the media.

You May Also Like
News
The ongoing legal dispute between singer Bebe Cool and comedian Alex Muhangi has taken a new twist, with Bebe Cool’s wife, Zuena Kirema, now...
Four One One
Ugandan singer Big Eye, who made headlines earlier this year by announcing his intention to join active politics, is now preparing to run for...
Celebrity Profiles
For two years, the grand spectacle of the Abryanz Style & Fashion Awards (ASFAs) was absent from the red carpet. Designers who once filled...
Four One One
Ugandan filmmaker Loukman Ali was issued with a cease and desist letter over unauthorised use of Red Bull trademarks in his latest short film,...